In the summer of 2009, a new telescope was installed on the roof dome of our institute. It is primarily intended for educational use and, of course, it can be used by the Astroclub. By now the telesope is used for two lab courses, astrophotography, and some scientific projects.
The current version of the telescope manual can be found here.
To view a 3D panorama of the telescope dome, click here (Java required, panorama created by Fabian Lüghausen).
- Type: Cassegrain
- Mounting: Equatorial fork mount
- Primary mirror diameter: 50 cm
- Cassegrain focus focal ratio: f/9
- Primary focus focal ratio: f/3
- Dimensions: 3060 x 2040 pixels, 9μm x 9μm per pixel
- Field of view of the Cassegrain focus: 21' x 14' (0,4" per pixel)
- Field of View of the primary focus: 63' x 42' (1,2" per pixel)
- Filter Sets
- Standard LRGBC
- Johnson/Bessel UBVRI
- Narrow-band filters: Hα (7nm), Oiii, Sii
- Grid: 200 l/mm, 900 l/mm
- Resolution: 540 (200 l/m), 3800 (900 l/m)