History of Astronomy: Topics: Stellar Astronomy
Stellar Astronomy, by William Nielsen Brandt
- A timeline
Double Stars To Follow, by Martin Gaskell
- Including the observation history, especially in parts II and III.
The First Known Variable Stars, by Hartmut Frommert and Christine Kronberg
A New View Of Mizar, by Leos Ondra
- About the double star Mizar (Zeta UMa).
Pickering, Edward C.: On the Spectrum of Zeta Ursae Majoris
- American Journal of Science, 3rd Ser., vol. 39, pp. 46-47, 1890
The Story of Lalande 21185, by Ken Croswell
- Adapted from Sky & Telescope, June 1995
Le prime osservazioni di stelle doppie, by Umberto Fedele
- The first observation of a double star
Wolfgang R. Dick.
Created: 23 July 1996.
Latest update: 17 May 2000